2 Men Indicted in Campground Arsons
Photo from dash cam video of Oct. 19 fire
MONTVILLE TWP., Ohio — Two men have been indicted in connection with fires set at Country Lakes Campground in October.
Jacob Castle, 20, of Claridon Township, and Jay Burba, 20, of Montville, face several charges including of aggravated arson, burglary and vandalism in the case, according to the Geauga County Sheriff’s Office.
According to their indictments, the charges were in connection with an Oct. 19 incident. Firefighters were called to the campground where several campers were vandalized and a cabin was burned to the ground.
A week later, firefighters were again called to the campground to put out several trailer fires along with a fire at a permanent building used as a pool house and game room. That incident was not included in Castle’s and Burba’s indictment.
Castle and Burba will be arraigned on Friday in Geauga County Common Pleas Court.
For extended coverage on this story, click here.
- Items Stolen from Baby's Grave; Video Finally Captures Image
- TMZ: Joan Rivers Says She's 'Not Apologizing' to DeJesus, Berry
- Corrections Officer Held Hostage for 5 Hours at Trumbull County Jail
- 12-Year-Old Girl Sexually Assaulted On Way to Learning Center
- Mom Bites Dog to Save 2-Year-Old Daughter's Life