Mark Zinni Recovers From Surgery

Posted on: 5:54 pm, January 29, 2014, by

CLEVELAND- FOX 8 reporter and weekend morning anchor Mark Zinni is recovering after having his thyroid and a mass removed at the Cleveland Clinic Wednesday morning.

Mark said his primary care doctor at the clinic discovered the mass during a routine exam a few weeks ago.

Mark is now awaiting biopsy results which are expected to take several days.

He wants to thank everyone for their prayers and well wishes.

Mark posted the picture below on his Facebook fan page shortly after his surgery Wednesday morning.

Mark is expected to be back on the air in no time.

• Patti Moock says:

Get well soon Mark. Keeping you in my prayers.

• Joe Code stud says:

Super guy. Scary stuff.

• Lindsey Stephens says:

Use the incentive spirometer! Lol. Wishing you you quick recovery and good test results!

• Sylvia Murillo says:

God Bless. Hurry and get well. I will miss seeing you on the weekends.

• 0onnie says:

Get well luv u

• Pamela, your lack of optimism leaves a lot to be desired.
    Mark, ignore the pessimism in the above remark!
    Praying for good pathology reports and looking forward to seeing you soon on Fox8.

• Pamela says:

It’s realism, not lack of optimism. It’s personal experience, having my husband go through this several years ago and he hasn’t been the same since. It’s knowing many other people who’ve been duped into having their thyroids removed and whose lives haven’t been the same since.

• Kimberly says:

Mark Get Well Soon! My prayers are with you for a quick and speedy recovery And Praying that the biopsy is negative! IN GOD’S NAME IT WILL BE NEGATIVE!

• kathie says:

Speedy recovery Mark. I had my thyroid removed ten years ago and my health improved immediately. Yours will too. God bless.

• Mark Zinni says:

You’re all wonderful, thank you for the kind messages and thoughts! For the record, a preliminary biopsy was enough to justify the removal of the organ that stopped working — and was so big, it was bending my trachea. This is something I didn’t expect at 38, but things happen and life goes on. Again, thank you for the nice words!

• laurel says:

Had mine removed 5 years ago to thyroid cancer, made literally no difference in my life, other than taking a pill every morning. Good luck!

• Barb says:

I had the same surgery this past August, good luck with your recovery and your results. Hope they were better than mine.

• Mary Lou Belden says:

You will do fine. Just make sure to take the medicine that they give you and have the levels monitored. My mom had hers removed because it had evlarged in size and was blocking her trachea. It was done in her forties and she fine until she was 87 and old-age heart problems took her home. She never had any problems.
    Mary Lou

• Nancy Fix says:

Have a speedy recovery!

• Deb Elswick says:

Best of Luck Mark. Keep your faith and we will keep praying for you. You are a young & strong man. You got this! See you on the week-end news in no time. :>)

• Pam says:

Best to you Mark I had my thyroid and a mass removed at the Cleveland Clinic 24 yrs ago..mine did come back malignant ..but I am doing great and you will too!

• Vickie Boris says:

Wishing you the best Mark!! Love you weekend morning show! Hope your recovery goes well!

• Prayers and best wishes. Hope to see you back on the air real soon!

• Debra says:

Hope for a quick recovery and all goes well for you.

• Paula says:

Thinking of you Mark..and wishing you good results from the bx.
    My grandson just had his thyroid removed last month. He’s doing wonderfully. He just went to see WWE wrestling and screamed till he had no voice left. So..guess he’s doing well..
    Take care of yourself. Speedy recovery and prayers.
    Paula in Navarre

• Barbara Brown says:

Keep your positive attitude and have faith in your doctor and pray.

• blt says:

Prayers are with you, Mark. God bless.

• JayBo A. Bowie says:

By his stripes you will be healed!!! Claim the healing victory TODAY!!! :D

• BARBARA HERSHBERGER says:

HI MARK. MAY YOU HAVE A GREAT RECOVERY.I HAVE HAD THYROID ISSUES SINCE I WAS 8 YRS OLD; STILL DEALING WITH IT. ONE PILL A DAY. YOU ARE VERY BRAVE. I AM NOW 74 YRS OLD.THINKING OF YOU, BARBARA HERSHBERGER

• Deborah says:

This the first I heard about this!! Mark I want to wish you a speedy recovery. Take care!!!

• kathy dillon says:

God bless you Mark!

• carl monday says:

We’re pulling for you Mark here 19! Good folks at U-H will take care of you.

• Faith Fragozo says:

Every person is different.The negative can bring you down.Just put it in Gods hands and picture your life ahead of you GOD BLESS .

• Rusty Webker says:

Disgusting remarks by Pam. SHOULD HAVE JUST KEPT HER FEELINGS TO HERSELF.