Students Arrested in Bomb Threats at High School
NORTH OLMSTED, Ohio — Police say they’ve arrested two students they feel are responsible for three bomb threats in three days at North Olmsted High School.
According to a release from the district, the students face serious criminal charges and school discipline.
Bomb threats were made at the school on both Monday and Tuesday.
Police say a third threat was found Thursday morning on a bathroom wall. The building was evacuated, and the students were allowed back in when no bomb was found.
North Olmsted police said that a significant number of parents picked up their children from school after Thursday’s threat. They emphasized that no devices were found in any of the three threats.
In a release issued Thursday afternoon, Supt. Michael Zalar assured parents that their students were safe at the school and they were encouraged to return to a normal student schedule.
The superintendent also said a picture of a student with a gun had been circulating among students at the high school.
He said no student at the school had a gun, but that the student responsible for the picture of himself with the gun was identified and was also arrested Thursday morning.
That student also faces criminal charges.
Stick with Fox 8 and Fox8.com for more on this developing story.