Cornbread and Chorizo Stuffed Shrimp
- 2# pork shoulder, ground
- 1 oz jalapeno pepper (about 3 each), minced
- 1 oz garlic, minced
- 1 oz tequila
- 2 oz cider vinegar
- .4oz dried oregano flakes
- .5 oz ground cumin
- .2 oz ground black pepper
- .5 oz brown sugar
- .5 oz kosher salt
- .5 oz Cajun seasoning
- .25 oz paprika
1. Place the ground pork shoulder in a large stainless steel bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, combine the vinegar and tequila, and then add all remaining ingredients.
3. Add the seasoning mixture to the pork butt, and mix well by hand to combine.
Cornbread Chorizo stuffing:
- 2X recipe of Aunt Jemima cornmeal, cornbread recipe, cooled
- 1# chorizo sausage, browned
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 T kosher salt
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
1. Mix all ingredients by hand in a stainless steel mixing bowl until combined thoroughly
2. Portion the stuffing at 1 rounded tsp per shrimp.