Interview with Trent Richardson on Trade: “I’m Shocked”
COLUMBIA STATION, Ohio — “I’m shocked.”
Trent Richardson was reacting to the news that the Cleveland Browns traded him to the Colts.
Those were the first words out of Richardson’s mouth when he exited his Yukon Denali in the driveway of his Columbia Station home, Wednesday night.
Richardson talked to reporters as he left his home headed to the airport. He said while he didn’t want to leave the Browns, he hopes that fans still support the team. He says as soon as his plane lands, he plans to begin reading the Colts playbook.
“I will be playing Sunday,” Richardson said.
He said he had heard from many Browns players and even received a text from the coach.
When asked if he would ever come back to Cleveland, he paused for a second and then said he would.
“I love Cleveland,”Richardson said.
Richardson said he found out about the trade on the radio and through his agent while he was driving away from the Browns training facility.
“I will be back. My family is here,” Richardson said. He added that he never expected to be traded.
- Items Stolen from Baby's Grave; Video Finally Captures Image
- TMZ: Joan Rivers Says She's 'Not Apologizing' to DeJesus, Berry
- Corrections Officer Held Hostage for 5 Hours at Trumbull County Jail
- 12-Year-Old Girl Sexually Assaulted On Way to Learning Center
- Mansfield Woman Admits to Taking Toy from Child's Grave