Two Injured in Stark County Crash
(Courtesy: MGN Online)
NIMISHILLEN TOWNSHIP, Ohio — The Ohio State Highway Patrol in Canton is investigating a serious car crash that happened early Sunday morning.
The crash happened just before 2 a.m. on Columbus Road east of Paris Avenue in Nimishillen Township, Stark County.
According to OSHP, Bruno Lindo, 24, of Alliance, was driving a 1997 Ford Explorer east on Columbus Road when he lost control. The vehicle veered off the left side of the roadway then came back onto the road and overturned.
Lindo’s passenger, Lindsay Costa, 22, of Alliance, was thrown from the vehicle and trapped underneath the front of the SUV.
Nimishillen Township Fire Department responded to the scene. Crews were able to free Costa from under the vehicle. She was later transported to Aultman Hospital with a serious injury to her right leg.
Lindo was also transported to Aultman Hospital with minor injuries.
Police said alcohol is believed to have been a factor in the crash. We are told no charges have been filed at this time.
The exact cause of the crash remains under investigation.
- Items Stolen from Baby's Grave; Video Finally Captures Image
- TMZ: Joan Rivers Says She's 'Not Apologizing' to DeJesus, Berry
- Corrections Officer Held Hostage for 5 Hours at Trumbull County Jail
- Mansfield Woman Admits to Taking Toy from Child's Grave
- 12-Year-Old Girl Sexually Assaulted On Way to Learning Center