It’s National Cheesecake Day!
Tony Viola, the manager of The Cheesecake Factory at Legacy Village, has a unique take on an old classic.
In this video, he shares a creative, but easy-to-make recipe with the Fox 8 morning crew.
The recipe can be changed to feature a favorite cheesecake flavor.
To celebrate National Cheesecake Day, The Cheesecake Factory is offering any slice at half price for dine-in guests.
- Slices of your favorite cheesecake — Tony recommends the following flavors:
-Adam’s Peanut Butter Cup Fudge Ripple
-Caramel Pecan Turtle
-Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake
– Vanilla Bean
-White Chocolate Caramel Macadamia Nut Cheesecake
- Hershey’s Milk Chocolate Bars
- Honey Maid Graham Crackers
- Jumbo Marshmallows
- Place the cheesecake slices into the freezer for several hours until they are “deeply chilled.”
- Remove the deeply chilled slices of cheesecake from the freezer and cut into squares approximately 1/4 ” thick. Set aside.
- Place 3 squares of Hershey’s Milk Chocolate on a graham cracker square.
- Use a creme brulee torch to carefully warm the milk chocolate until it starts to get “shiny” across the top (approximately 15 seconds). (If you do not have a creme brulee torch, place it in a microwave for a few seconds.)
- Cut a jumbo marshmallow into 1/3s and place one of the 1/3s (cut side “up”) on top of the warmed milk chocolate.
- Use a creme brulee torch to carefully toast the marshmallow until it turns a brown color (approximately 30 seconds). Note: Use a small container lid to “fan out” the flame when the marshmallow reaches the ideal color. (Use a microwave for a few seconds, if a torch is unavailable.)
- Place the deeply chilled cheesecake square directly onto the toasted marshmallow and immediately top with another graham cracker square.