LIVE VIDEO: ICE arrests more than 100 workers in raid on Massillon meat supplier

Officials: Heating a Room to Kill Bugs Causes House Fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

House fire on Quentin Road in Eastlake

EASTLAKE, Ohio– A house is a total loss after a fire.

Eastlake fire officials said they got a call for a fire on Quentin Road, just before 9, Monday morning.

No one was inside the home at the time.

But a dog, who ran back inside, died.

Officials said the fire was confined to one side of the house, but the smoke and heat damage was throughout the home.

The cause is misuse of heating materials; officials said people at the home were heating a room to kill bugs. They had reportedly read about it on the internet and were using a torpedo heater.

Estimated loss is $125,000.