Tony Musachio is back home! You might recognize Musachio as the popcorn guy from Big Chuck and Lil' John!
We couldn't be happier to have him here, especially since he is filling our bellies with his delicious gluten free eggplant parmesan with rice pasta.
Living with celiac disease, Musachio is unable to eat gluten which can be found in flour and wheat.
Through making just a few small changes, Tony proves that it is possible to maintain a gluten free diet while still enjoying delicious meals.
The morning crew thoroughly enjoyed their mid morning snack! There wasn't a bite left!
Ingredients (Serves 4 to 6):
- 3 Tablespoons of olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- 2 Cloves of garlic
- Gluten free bread crumbs
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Eggplants
- Tomato sauce
- Slice eggplant in quarter of inch slices
- Put on plate, salt slices, let set out for one hour (takes out water and bitterness)
- Dip in egg (or egg whites)
- Dip in gluten free bread crumbs
- Add olive oil, garlic to pan
- Heat for four minutes, turn over four more minutes
- Add slice of tomato
- Add cheese and sauce
Italian Tomato Sauce Ingredients:
- 3 Cans of Hunts sauce
- 1 Can of Hunts paste
- 2 Peppers
- Garlic cloves
- Dash of oregano
- Dash of basil leaves
- Dash of sugar
- Onions (if you wish)
- Mix in large pot
- Simmer for two hours (you now have the best sauce - and you will never buy a jar again)!!!
Cooking Your Pasta:
- In a large Pot boil your water until in boils
- Add shot of olive oil
- Add gluten free pasta for 5 minutes
- Remove from heat cover for 18 minutes