FBI Seeks Tips After Standoff
SOLON, Ohio –The Cleveland office of the FBI is asking for tips on the whereabouts of Alex Spirikaitis after a standoff that lasted for more than 12 hours.
It began Tuesday around 8 p.m. when authorities attempted to deliver an arrest warrant to him at his home on Liberty Road in Solon.
Taupa Lithuanian Credit Union, where Spirikaitis served as CEO, was closed by the Ohio Division of Financial Institutions on Friday.
He was accused of false credit institution entries.
Spirikaitis’ family members were at home when the warrant was delivered Tuesday and left the property when asked.
Spirikaitis himself was believed to have barricaded himself inside.
The FBI and local police stayed at the home overnight and attempted to communicate with him by using a loudspeaker.
When they finally entered the home, they found it to be empty.
Spirikaitis is described as 5’11″, about 225 pounds and bald with green eyes.
He is known to wear a goatee, but his facial hair may have changed.
Tips may be provided anonymously by calling 216-522-1400.
For more on the Taupa Lithuanian Credit Union closing, click here.
- Items Stolen from Baby's Grave; Video Finally Captures Image
- TMZ: Joan Rivers Says She's 'Not Apologizing' to DeJesus, Berry
- Corrections Officer Held Hostage for 5 Hours at Trumbull County Jail
- 12-Year-Old Girl Sexually Assaulted On Way to Learning Center
- Local Radio Host Calling Howard Stern As Trial Witness