Public Support Follows Survivors’ Video Release
Video has just been released of Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus and Michelle Knight.
This is the public’s first look at the three women, since they were rescued on May 6 from a home on Seymour Ave.
Amanda, Gina and Michelle want to thank everyone in Cleveland and around the world for their support.
Each of the women shares a message in a video that was posted on YouTube.
Kathy Joseph, attorney for Michelle Knight said, “People are recognizing them now as they go about in public, so they decided to put voices and faces to their heartfelt messages. It was their decision to relay their thanks in this way to all of the many people who have offered support to them, for which they are extremely grateful.”
However, all three women “still have a strong desire for privacy,” according to James Wooley, attorney for both Amanda Berry and Gina DeJesus.
Ariel Castro is accused of holding them hostage for nearly a decade.
Many people noted how healthy the women looked and the courage they’ve shown since the beginning of their ordeal.
Below is a small sample of the reaction.
- Items Stolen from Baby's Grave; Video Finally Captures Image
- TMZ: Joan Rivers Says She's 'Not Apologizing' to DeJesus, Berry
- Corrections Officer Held Hostage for 5 Hours at Trumbull County Jail
- 12-Year-Old Girl Sexually Assaulted On Way to Learning Center
- Local Radio Host Calling Howard Stern As Trial Witness