June 20, 2013
Ready to update your hair for summer? We welcomed John Anthony Marinucci, Creative Director at Studio MZ Salon and Spa! He showed Natalie some easy ways to spruce up your hair with scarfs, colors, and textures.
Studio MZ Salon and Spa is located on Chagrin Boulevard in Woodmere.
Real Deals: Gizmo’s
Looking for a great deal on dinner this weekend? Chris Fazio, the Owner of Gizmo’s, joined us in the kitchen with a spread of his delicious comfort food! We’re talking Pulled Pork Sliders, Mandarin Orange Salad, Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad, and more.
Gizmo’s is our Real Deal of the week! That means, starting at 9 a.m. tomorrow morning, you can purchase a half price gift certificate from our website: http://www.fox8.com.
It’s easy for parents to get a bit nervous when their kids turn into teenagers – especially once they start dating! Here with some tricks for parents to find balance and peace of mind was Child and Adolescent Therapist, Dr. Tony DiBiasio.
Tips to remember:
- Dating has changed! Social media (phones, texting, Facebook, Twitter) have changed the way relationships are formed.
- Establish boundaries early with your children and then enforce them. This will make it seem more natural for your teens to communicate details with you.
- “Going out” should require the 4 W’s: Who, Where, What (is the plan), When
- Encourage your teens to date people their own age.
- Identify at what age your children are allowed to begin dating.
- Help your teen learn about their own inner voice – what is right and wrong.
- Teach them to recognize signs of an abusive relationship.
She brings you the latest deals in travel every week! Angie McClure was back! This weeks deal:
- Funjet Vacations Deal
- Puerto Vallarta
- Save up to $300 on air/hotel only
- Book by 6/27
- Travel by 12/15
To book, call Canary Travel at 216-252-1000!
Pickwick and Frolic Toga Party Terror
If a vacation isn’t in your near future, and you’re staying local, we’ve got another great idea for you! It’s an interactive evening of crime solving, food, fun, and togas! Natalie took us to Pickwick and Frolic to find out more – check out our video clip!
The next Toga Party Terror takes place Saturday, June 29, 2013 at Pickwick and Frolic. Tickets are still available. By the way, togas are encouraged!
They’re in magazines, on the runway, and on the streets! You may have noticed this big trend by now – printed pants! Natalie took us to Crocker Park for a lesson on how to put this look together.
Another beach essential for the summer season? A great book! Here with the newest list of great local authors was Suzanne DeGaetano from Mac’s Backs.
Check out her recommendations:
- Joyland – by Stephen King
- You Cannoli Die Once – by Shelley Costa
- Snapper – by Brian Kimberling
- Killer Angels – by Michael Shaara
- Gettysburg: The Last Invasion – by Allen Guelzo
- Cleveland Indians Legends – by Russell Schneider
- Super Boys: The Amazing Adventures of Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster – The Creators of Superman – by Brad Ricca
- Teen Book: The Fault in Our Stars – by John Green
- It’s a Firefly Night (Picture book) – by Dianne Ochiltree
Grapes & Ale
It’s one of the hottest barbeques of the summer! Marie Nicholas from Giant Eagle arrived to share some details about Grapes & Ale. It’s a benefit celebration (Our Lady of the Wayside) of Fine Wine, Brew, Blues, and BBQ! You can expect more than 200 internationally acclaimed wine samplings and the best barbeque in town! Guests will also have access to the WKNR Craft Brew Patio where they can purchase samplings of the area’s best Craft Beers. Special hosts will include John Lanigan (Majic 105.7), Average Joe (Q104), Mark “Munch” Bishop (ESPN Radio), and Melissa Mack (Fox 8).
Admission to the Premiere Grand Tasting is $50. That includes a souvenir wine glass, wine samplings, the best BBQ Fare, silent auction, and live music.
For $125, guests can attend either the VIP Majic of Wine Tasting from 6-7p or the WKNR Craft Brew Tasting.
Did you know that Psoriasis affects nearly 7.5 million Amercians – and that there is no cure? But there is hope. We welcomed Dr. Neil Korman from University Hospitals to shed some light on this topic. Here’s a recap:
- Psoriasis is a chronic, serious disease of the skin.
- UH Dermatology is one of the major centers of expertise for Psoriasis.
- There are many different treatments available to help this condition, with more on the way.
- UH has been studying many new types of therapies.
- UH is currently looking for patients to participate in a clinical trial of a new therapy for Psoriasis.