Garbage Truck, Motorcycle Collide in Deadly Crash
MIDDLEFIELD TOWNSHIP, Ohio — The Ohio State Highway Patrol is investigating a deadly crash on S.R. 87 and Hayes Road Wednesday morning.
According to authorities, a motorcycle was traveling west on S.R. 87 around 6:50 a.m. when a garbage truck traveling east attempted to turn left on Hayes Road and failed to yield to the motorcycle.
The motorcycle traveled left of center to avoid the collision, but hit the rear of the truck.
A Honda CRV was traveling behind the truck and struck the motorcycle as well.
The driver of the motorcycle, Charles Linn, 67, of Andover, Ohio, died at the scene.
Authorities said he was wearing his helmet.
Drivers in both vehicles were wearing their seatbelts and were not injured.
Alcohol does not appear to be a factor.
Authorities are still investigating.
CLICK HERE to read more.
- Items Stolen from Baby's Grave; Video Finally Captures Image
- TMZ: Joan Rivers Says She's 'Not Apologizing' to DeJesus, Berry
- Corrections Officer Held Hostage for 5 Hours at Trumbull County Jail
- 12-Year-Old Girl Sexually Assaulted On Way to Learning Center
- Man Arrested, 18 Locations Raided in Gambling Ring