Fox 8 Recipe Box: Five Star Sensation Chef Recipes
These chefs will be featured at the 2013 Five Star Sensation benefiting University Hospitals Seidman Cancer Center. It’s Saturday, June 15th at 7pm at Cuyahoga Community College Eastern Campus. Click here for more information.
Vienna Cafe Glace
Recipe from Sherry Yard, Helmes Bakery in Los Angeles
- 1 pint Vanilla Ice Cream homemade or store bought, slightly softened
- 1/2 cup cold brewed espresso or coffee
- 3/4 cup heavy cream, whipped to medium-stiff peaks
- 6 tablespoons finely shaved chocolate
- 6 Favorite cookies
- Place the bowl of a stand mixer, or a large bowl and the beaters of a hand mixer, and six 4-ounce cups or glasses (or four 6-ounce cups or glasses) in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Spoon the ice cream into the ice-cold bowl and add the espresso. Using a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or a hand mixer, blend at low speed until smooth. Spoon into the frozen cups or glasses, top with the whipped cream, and sprinkle on the chocolate shavings or curls.
- Serve immediately, with the cookies, or place in the freezer for up to 4 hours.
Jumbo Gulf Shrimp with Andouille and Delta Grind Grits (Serves 4)
Recipe from Chef Kelly English, Chef & Owner of Restaurant Iris in Memphis, Tennessee
- 1 cup Delta Grind grits
- 4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- mascarpone cheese
- tablespoons butter
- Bring the water to a boil and lightly season with salt.
- Add the grits while stirring rapidly and turn down to a simmer.
- Constantly stir, making sure to keep the bottom of the pot from sticking.
- Simmer the grits on low stirring all the time till done (could be 45 min).
- To finish stir in the butter and mascarpone
Sauted Louisiana Shrimp and Sauce
- 16 jumbo gulf shrimp
- 4 tablespoons Andouille small diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 table spoon minced shallot
- 2 tablespoon small diced piquillo peppers (or roasted red peppers)
- 1 tablespoon chopped thyme
- 20 ounces chicken or shrimp stock
- 2 cup diced tomatoes
- 4 T butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onions
- Creole Seasoning
- Heat a large pan over medium heat and add the olive oil
- Saute the shrimp seasoned with creole seasoning and salt till they start to brown but not cook all the way through.
- Remove the shrimp and hold on the side.
- Add in the Andoullie shallot, garlic, piquillo peppers thyme and saut? till they become aromatic.
- Add in the Shrimp stock and bring to a low simmer
- Stir in the butter and reduce
- Add back in shrimp to cook through
- Finish with diced tomatoes and green onions
- Serve over the grits