Henry Cavill – Fried Mozzarella
- 1 lb fresh mozzarella balls (bocconcini)
- 1 c. flour seasoned with a little salt and pepper
- 2 eggs beaten
- ¼ c. milk
- 1 c. panko breadcrumbs
- 1 c. seasoned breadcrumbs(Italian )
- parsley chopped for garnish
- parmesan cheese grated for garnish
- pasta sauce for dipping
- Vegetable oil for frying
Heat deep skillet,or wide sauce pan over medium high heat . Add oil to 1 ½ inch depth and heat to 350. If you don’t have a thermometer,oil should shimmer slightly. Drop in a pinch of breadcrumbs. If they sizzle,,you are ready to go.
OR- heat deep fryer to 350.
Set up 3 plates. Flour in first. Eggs and milk in second. Breadcrumbs in third.
Roll mozzarella in flour,then egg,and finally breadcrumbs. Fry 2 to 3 minutes or til golden .
This same procedure can be used for mozzarella sticks.(try smoked mozzarella). Mushrooms,zucchini,,,use your imagination..
Drain on paper towels and serve with your favorite sauce.