It's Copper River Salmon season and Pier W in Lakewood is celebrating with a variety of different recipes. Pier W Chef Regan Reik shows us how to make Grilled Copper River Salmon with a Panzanella Salad.
Pier W is also hosting a Copper River Salmon Run to benefit the Malachi House. Click here to learn more about the run.
Grilled Copper River Salmon with Panzanella Salad
(6) 6oz Copper River salmon filets
1/2 cup olive oil
2 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp ground black pepper
1 qt cubed tomatoes, use as many different colors as possible, drain
1/4 cup sliced red onion
1.5 tbsp fresh chopped basil
1/2 tsp fresh chopped garlic
1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
3/4 tsp sea salt
1 tsp coarse ground pepper
1 cup butter croutons
1/4 cup olive oil
1/8 cup fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup shaved parmesan cheese
1/4 Crispy bacon
1. Season the salmon with the salt and pepper and rub the salmon with the oil.
2. Grill the salmon for about 7 minutes on each side to achieve approximately a medium temperature.
Remove from the grill and set aside to keep warm.
3. Toss all remaining ingredients in a chilled bowl.
2. Divide the salad between the plates and top with the salmon.