Third Bomb Threat to Cuyahoga Falls HS

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

CUYAHOGA FALLS, Ohio --Cuyahoga Falls High School was shut down on Friday, after a bomb threat was e-mailed to the school district.

Skyfox was overhead as authorities searched the school after evacuating students and staff and stopping others as they approached the campus.

Junior Tim Bergeron told Fox 8, "I was on my way to school and I got stopped by the police and they're like 'hey, there's no school today, go back home'. So I was surprised, I was out my door and ready."

Cuyahoga Falls Schools Superintendent Dr. Todd Nichols said the e-mail indicated there was an explosive device in the building, and to "expect casualties".

Authorities gave the "all clear" after searching the building.

Parents and students said they understand the need for extreme caution.

"There could be a bomb, there could be, you never know, and if there is and you send kids there, then it’s on the administration", said Tim Bergeron.

His mother, Eileen Bergeron added, "I mean you have to worry, you have to take it seriously because you don't know, you don't know what's going to happen."

This is the third time the high school has been shut down by a bomb threat. The previous threats came on March 8 and April 29. The superintendent said the FBI and the Secret Service have been on the trail of the cyber terrorists responsible for the previous e-mails, but the latest bomb threat appears to be of a different style and came from a different server. However, like the earlier threats, the original source had been disguised.

Eileen Bergeron said, "it's ridiculous is what it is and I'm like 'what's going on, why can't we find these people?'"

The high school is scheduled to re-open on Tuesday.

CLICK HERE to read more.