Hot Dog Truck Crash Closes I-271 Ramp
RICHFIELD, Ohio — Part of Interstate 271 was shut down for several hours Friday morning after a semi-truck overturned, trapping the driver and spilling hot dog boxes across the roadway.
It happened at around 2:45 a.m. near the I-271 northbound ramp to I-77 northbound.
Police say the truck tipped over on its side, trapping the driver for at least 15 minutes. The driver was then flown by medical helicopter to a local hospital for treatment. The person’s condition is not yet known.
The Ohio Department of Transportation closed I-271 northbound at I-77 northbound until around 10 a.m., when it reopened. The ramp from I-77 northbound to I-271 northbound is also open.
Stick with Fox 8 News and FOX8.com for the latest traffic updates as they become available.
- Items Stolen from Baby's Grave; Video Finally Captures Image
- TMZ: Joan Rivers Says She's 'Not Apologizing' to DeJesus, Berry
- Corrections Officer Held Hostage for 5 Hours at Trumbull County Jail
- 12-Year-Old Girl Sexually Assaulted On Way to Learning Center
- Mansfield Woman Admits to Taking Toy from Child's Grave