RTA Station ‘All-Clear’ After Bag Found
CLEVELAND — A Regional Transit Authority station has been given the all-clear by a bomb squad after being shut down due to a suspicious duffel bag found Tuesday morning, RTA officials confirm to Fox 8 News.
Cleveland police said the bag was found to contain only “personal items.”
RTA spokesperson Mary Shaffer says the item was located inside the East 55th station at I-490, just before 9 a.m. RTA security immediately notified Cleveland police and the bomb squad, and the station was closed for several hours.
Nearby buildings were also evacuated as a precaution, in addition to several road closures. They have since been reopened.
Service to all lines has been restored.
Further details were not immediately released.
Stick with Fox 8 News and FOX8.com for updates as they become available.
- Items Stolen from Baby's Grave; Video Finally Captures Image
- TMZ: Joan Rivers Says She's 'Not Apologizing' to DeJesus, Berry
- Corrections Officer Held Hostage for 5 Hours at Trumbull County Jail
- 12-Year-Old Girl Sexually Assaulted On Way to Learning Center
- Man Arrested, 18 Locations Raided in Gambling Ring