Truck Slams into Building; 5 Hurt
CUYAHOGA FALLS, Ohio — Several people were hurt Tuesday morning after an SUV collided with a semi, which sent the truck crashing into the Alro Steel building on State Road in Cuyahoga Falls.
Police said five people were injured, including a mother and her two children in a Ford SUV, the truck driver and a person in another car involved in the accident.
Conditions on the injured victims were not immediately available.
Several firetrucks responded to remove the fuel from the semi as a safety precaution.
Pictures snapped by witnesses at the scene show the semi’s front end through one of the building’s walls. Another photo depicts a heavily damaged Ford Explorer on the lawn of the building, behind some yellow crime tape. *Scroll down for the pictures
The crash prompted several road closures near the accident: State Road was closed at Wyoga Lake Road but was reopened by 3:30 p.m. Seasons Road and Steel Corners Road were also closed.
Meanwhile, a crash investigation team is at scene trying to figure out what happened.
Further details were not immediately released.
Stick with Fox 8 News and FOX8.com for updates on this breaking news story as they become available.
- Items Stolen from Baby's Grave; Video Finally Captures Image
- TMZ: Joan Rivers Says She's 'Not Apologizing' to DeJesus, Berry
- Corrections Officer Held Hostage for 5 Hours at Trumbull County Jail
- 12-Year-Old Girl Sexually Assaulted On Way to Learning Center
- Man Arrested, 18 Locations Raided in Gambling Ring