Driver Charged in Crash That Killed Mom, Kids
Eric Calhoun (Photo Credit: Bedford Police Department)
BEDFORD, Ohio — The driver involved in a car accident that killed a pregnant mother and her two children is facing felony charges, police say.
Eric Calhoun, 48, is charged with four counts of aggravated vehicular homicide, including one for the mother’s unborn baby. Alcohol is believed to have been a factor in the crash.
His bond was set at $1,000,000 in Bedford Municipal Court.
Bedford police say Calhoun’s truck slammed into a car driven by 30-year-old Maria Thorpe Friday night at Northfield Road and Berwyn Street in Bedford.
Thorpe was killed, along with two of her children, 8-year-old Zariah Roberts and 5-year-old Zyannah Roberts.
Her two other children survived the crash. Zulaikah, 12, was treated and released from the hospital. However, 10-year-old Zumyah, remains in critical condition, police say.
Meanwhile, Calhoun is being held in the Cuyahoga County Jail. He could face additional charges.
Stick with Fox 8 News and FOX8.com for updates as they become available.
- Items Stolen from Baby's Grave; Video Finally Captures Image
- TMZ: Joan Rivers Says She's 'Not Apologizing' to DeJesus, Berry
- Corrections Officer Held Hostage for 5 Hours at Trumbull County Jail
- Mansfield Woman Admits to Taking Toy from Child's Grave
- 12-Year-Old Girl Sexually Assaulted On Way to Learning Center