What better way to celebrate Scott's birthday than with his favorite food. Our thanks to Chef Michael Ollier from Certified Angus Beef for teaching the birthday boy how to pan-sear the perfect ribeye steak.
Click here to learn more about Certified Angus Beef.
Classic Pan-Seared Ribeye Steak
Note: This technique creates a great mouth-watering charred steak using a very hot skillet while emitting a great deal of smoke. Be prepared with pot holders and proper ventilation.
· 1 (16-ounce) Certified Angus Beef ® ribeye steak
· cast iron signature skillet
· 1 teaspoon peanut or canola oil
· 1/2 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
· 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
· 3-4 thyme sprigs
· 2 garlic cloves, partially crushed
· 2 tablespoons butter
1. Place skillet in oven and preheat oven to 450°F. Brush both sides of steak with oil and season with salt and pepper. When oven is heated, carefully remove pan and place on stove top over medium heat.
2. Place steak in skillet and sear for 2 minutes. Flip, top with garlic and thyme and place skillet back in oven for 6-7 minutes.
3. Put skillet back on stove top over low heat. Flip steak, top with butter and carefully tilt pan while scooping melted butter, garlic and thyme to continually coat steak for 1-3 minutes. Confirm doneness with an instant read thermometer and pull from skillet at 120-125°F for medium rare. Let rest five minutes and coat with browned butter before serving.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Recipe provided by the Certified Angus Beef ® brand