Black History Month Recipe: Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookie Peach Cobbler
Recipe by Chef Robin Blair, of Cooking with C.A.R.E., in honor of A.C. Richardson
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 11 cups sliced peeled peaches (about 5 pounds)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Cooking spray
1. To prepare topping, place first three ingredients in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and egg; beat well. Weigh or lightly spoon 1 cup flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine 1 cup flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt; stir with a whisk. Add flour mixture to sugar mixture; beat at low speed until blended. Cover and chill 20-30 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 350°.
3. Combine sliced, peeled peaches, 1/3 cup granulated sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, cinnamon and fresh lemon juice in a bowl; toss to coat. Spoon mixture into a 13 x 9–inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spread chilled dough over peach mixture. Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until bubbly and lightly browned.