Student, 12, Charged with Inducing Panic
MENTOR, Ohio — A 12-year-old girl was arrested and charged with inducing panic after a threat she allegedly made prompted evacuations and emergency procedures at her school.
According to the Mentor Police Department, a bomb threat written on the wall of a girl’s restroom at Mentor Memorial Middle School was reported on Tuesday at 2:30 p.m.
Students were directed to Garfield Elementary during the evacuation.
School officials, Mentor police and a bomb detecting dog swept the building but no explosive device was found.
Following the investigation, a 12-year-old female student was arrested and charged with inducing panic, a second degree felony.
- Items Stolen from Baby's Grave; Video Finally Captures Image
- TMZ: Joan Rivers Says She's 'Not Apologizing' to DeJesus, Berry
- Corrections Officer Held Hostage for 5 Hours at Trumbull County Jail
- 12-Year-Old Girl Sexually Assaulted On Way to Learning Center
- Mansfield Woman Admits to Taking Toy from Child's Grave