Alcohol Suspected in Fatal Snowmobile Crash
AUSTINBURG TOWNSHIP, Ohio — The Ohio State Highway Patrol is investigating after a man died in a snowmobile crash in Ashtabula County.
It happened just after 10 p.m. Tuesday on Woodside Drive, east of Windsor Mechanicsville Road.
Troopers say 48-year-old Steven Pawlowski, of Rome, was driving eastbound on Woodside, when he ran off the road, struck a ditch and then a tree.
Pawlowski, whom investigators say was wearing a helmet, was ejected from his snowmobile. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Alcohol is believed to be a factor in the crash, which is still under investigation.
- Items Stolen from Baby's Grave; Video Finally Captures Image
- TMZ: Joan Rivers Says She's 'Not Apologizing' to DeJesus, Berry
- Corrections Officer Held Hostage for 5 Hours at Trumbull County Jail
- Mansfield Woman Admits to Taking Toy from Child's Grave
- 12-Year-Old Girl Sexually Assaulted On Way to Learning Center