Dreadlock Girlfriend Assault
Portland, OR (KPTV) — A Portland man is facing charges after police said he choked his girlfriend with his dreadlocked hair.
Officers were called out to the 3200 block of Southeast 22nd Avenue at 2:30 a.m. Monday to a report of a domestic assault.
The woman provided police with a good description of the suspect and officers canvassed the neighborhood and found him.
Caleb Grotberg, 32, was taken into custody and now faces charges including assault, menacing, kidnapping and strangulation.
The victim was taken to a Portland hospital for treatment to numerous injuries. Police said they are not considered life-threatening.
Neighbors reacted to the allegations Monday night.
“It’s sickening that someone could have such anger in them, strangling with their own hair? I mean strangulation period, you have a lot of anger, but it’s shocking that someone like that would be on our street,” said neighbor Ric Leonetti.
“The scariest part of it, is that she was probably screaming and trying to get help, but no one else was around to help. It’s unnerving being a woman, and knowing that could happen across the street and no one can notice,” said neighbor Molly Dickinson.
*Click here for other trending stories on fox8.com*
- Items Stolen from Baby's Grave; Video Finally Captures Image
- TMZ: Joan Rivers Says She's 'Not Apologizing' to DeJesus, Berry
- Corrections Officer Held Hostage for 5 Hours at Trumbull County Jail
- 12-Year-Old Girl Sexually Assaulted On Way to Learning Center
- Local Radio Host Calling Howard Stern As Trial Witness