Research: Sex of Boss’ Children Could Affect Your Salary
(Courtesy: University of Colorado Hospital)
New research suggests that a person’s salary can go up or down depending on the gender of their boss’ children, according to DailyMail.com.
The article is based on a paper written by professors from Aalborg University, the University of Maryland and Columbia Business School. It was presented at an annual meeting of the American Economics Association last week.
The researchers found that when a male boss has a child, his workers’ salaries will decrease by 0.2 percent a year. If he fathers a son, that percentage drops to 0.4 percent, according to DailyMail.com.
However, if the boss has a daughter, employees’ wages are more likely to rise, by up to 1.1 percent in a year.
For more on this story, click here.
- Items Stolen from Baby's Grave; Video Finally Captures Image
- TMZ: Joan Rivers Says She's 'Not Apologizing' to DeJesus, Berry
- Corrections Officer Held Hostage for 5 Hours at Trumbull County Jail
- 12-Year-Old Girl Sexually Assaulted On Way to Learning Center
- Mansfield Woman Admits to Taking Toy from Child's Grave