Fox 8 Recipe Box: Sautéed Collard Greens
Recipe by Eric Wells, Chef and Owner of Skye LaRae’s Culinary Services
Sautéed Collard Greens
2 ½ pounds collard greens
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
½ cup pancetta, diced
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tablespoon shallots, minced
1 teaspoon lemon zest
Remove and discard stems and center ribs of collard greens. Cut leaves into 1-inch pieces. In a kettle of boiling water cook collards 15 minutes and drain in a colander, pressing out excess liquid with back of a wooden spoon. Roll the greens as if you are rolling a cigar and cut across making small ribbons, or chiffonade.
In a 12-inch heavy non-stick skillet, heat butter and oil over moderately high heat until foam subsides and stir in pancetta, garlic, shallots, collards, and salt and pepper to taste. Sauté collard mixture, stirring, until heated through, about 8-10 minutes.
Top collards with lemon zest.
Yield 4 servings.
- Items Stolen from Baby's Grave; Video Finally Captures Image
- TMZ: Joan Rivers Says She's 'Not Apologizing' to DeJesus, Berry
- Corrections Officer Held Hostage for 5 Hours at Trumbull County Jail
- 12-Year-Old Girl Sexually Assaulted On Way to Learning Center
- Mom Bites Dog to Save 2-Year-Old Daughter's Life