Fox 8 Recipe Box: Shrimp Scampi
By Elliot Lewis, with Whole Foods
1 box of Pasta – your choice, shells, linguine or angel hair work great.
Pinch of coarse salt
3 tablespoons of good flavored olive oil
2 pounds of large raw shrimp (peel and de-vein)
2-3 garlic cloves to taste (or use about tablespoon of crushed garlic in jar)
1 tablespoon butter
Juice of one lemon (save peel for zesting)
¼ cup of good, dry white wine
chopped parsley for garnish
Parmigiano Reggiano (for grating)
Black pepper to taste (crushed red is also nice!)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and a generous pinch of salt and cook until al dente. Drain the pasta, reserving 1/2 cup of the pasta water.
- Meanwhile, heat a large saute pan over high heat. Add 1 1/2 tablespoons of the oil and the butter and swirl it to coat the pan. Add the shrimp in a single layer. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. After 2 minutes, turn the shrimp over; add the remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons of oil, the garlic, and the red pepper flakes. Stir constantly for 1 to 2 minutes, regulating the heat to avoid burning the garlic.
- Add the lemon zest and white wine to the shrimp. Stir to reduce the wine slightly. Add the lemon juice, cooked pasta, and reserved pasta water to the pan.
- Toss to combine. Remove from the heat and sprinkle with the parsley. Serve with a drizzle of olive oil and extra red pepper flakes on each serving, or using a microplane, grate some parmesan or extra lemon zest to taste.
Serve with a simple green salad with sliced tomatoes lightly dressed or with a balsamic drizzle, and crusty bread for dipping.
- Items Stolen from Baby's Grave; Video Finally Captures Image
- TMZ: Joan Rivers Says She's 'Not Apologizing' to DeJesus, Berry
- Corrections Officer Held Hostage for 5 Hours at Trumbull County Jail
- 12-Year-Old Girl Sexually Assaulted On Way to Learning Center
- Man Arrested, 18 Locations Raided in Gambling Ring