Fox 8 Recipe Box: Potato Latkes
By Sarah Schoenberger
Potato Latkes with Lemon Chive Sour Cream & Apple Sauce
·1 tsp. salt
·1/4 tsp. pepper
·between 1/4 to 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
·oil for frying (canola is recommended)
1. Peel potatoes. Place in a bowl of cold water so they won’t turn brown.
2. When ready to prepare the latkes, drain the potatoes. Place potatoes and onions in a food processor fitted with a knife blade. Pulse until smooth. Drain mixture well.
3. Pour potato mixture into a large bowl. Add beaten eggs. Add salt and pepper. Add enough flour so that the mixture holds together.
4. Pour 1 inch of oil into a large, deep frying pan. Heat the oil over medium-high heat.
5. Carefully drop 1/4 cup of the potato mixture into the hot oil.
6. Serve with sour cream & your favorite applesauce