My Town: Rock Hall Names New CEO
CLEVELAND– The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum announced Monday that Gregory S. Harris will become president and CEO of the Rock Hall.
Harris has been the Rock Hall’s vice president of development since 2008.
The 47-year-old succeeds long-time President and CEO Terry Stewart, who announced in May that he’ll retire from the position.
“I’m honored to be entrusted to lead the organization that preserves and presents this amazing art form for future generations,” said Harris. “Rock and roll is deeply rooted in our culture and when interpreted through a museum, provides a powerful forum to teach and inspire. Through Terry Stewart’s leadership, the staff has put this institution on solid ground. The Rock Hall is in the best shape ever and I’m looking forward to a tremendous future.”
“Throughout the search process, all of the voting was unanimous for Greg,” said Board Chair William W. Rowley, who headed a seven-member search committee.
The transition will be effective January 1, 2013.
- Items Stolen from Baby's Grave; Video Finally Captures Image
- TMZ: Joan Rivers Says She's 'Not Apologizing' to DeJesus, Berry
- Corrections Officer Held Hostage for 5 Hours at Trumbull County Jail
- 12-Year-Old Girl Sexually Assaulted On Way to Learning Center
- Mom Bites Dog to Save 2-Year-Old Daughter's Life