Jeep Crashes Through Garage in Willoughby
WILLOUGHBY, Ohio — A man was arrested after police say he crashed through a garage before bailing from his vehicle Sunday.
Kurtis A. Peterson, 25, was arrested on suspicion of operating a vehicle while intoxicated and other misdemeanor traffic offenses in the incident, said police.
Willoughby police said they got a call reporting a Jeep Cherokee was operating in a reckless manner downtown. When they responded, they saw a vehicle matching the Jeep’s description going west on Euclid Avenue.
As the officer turned around, the Jeep accelerated and then turned south onto Maple Street. The officer then saw the vehicle go through two stop signs without braking and then crash into the garage of a home at the intersection of Maple Street and Arlington Drive.
When police reached the garage, the driver and three occupants had fled from the vehicle, said police.
They were eventually located and treated for minor injuries by the Willoughby Fire Department.
- Items Stolen from Baby's Grave; Video Finally Captures Image
- TMZ: Joan Rivers Says She's 'Not Apologizing' to DeJesus, Berry
- Corrections Officer Held Hostage for 5 Hours at Trumbull County Jail
- Baby Largest Hospital Has Seen in More Than Decade
- Mansfield Woman Admits to Taking Toy from Child's Grave