Wanted Man Arrested After Standoff With Child
CLEVELAND — A man is in police custody after the Cleveland SWAT Unit responded to a standoff at a home on the city’s west side.
Cleveland police say detectives went to a house near East 64th Street and Harvard Avenue Friday morning to serve 24-year-old Darryl Coleman a murder warrant, but he wouldn’t come out.
Coleman is a suspect in the murder of Duane C. Jacobs. Jacobs was a store clerk at the YaYa Market. He was shot and killed back on September 25th during a robbery.
A 2-year-old child was also inside at the time of the standoff, but police were able to get the child out safely.
After a search, police recovered two handguns from the home.
Coleman was taken into custody without incident. He is awaiting aggravated murder charges.
- Items Stolen from Baby's Grave; Video Finally Captures Image
- TMZ: Joan Rivers Says She's 'Not Apologizing' to DeJesus, Berry
- Corrections Officer Held Hostage for 5 Hours at Trumbull County Jail
- 12-Year-Old Girl Sexually Assaulted On Way to Learning Center
- Man Arrested, 18 Locations Raided in Gambling Ring