National Anthem Banned From High School Hockey Games
PITTSBURGH — High school hockey teams in Pennsylvania are being advised to stop playing the National Anthem at games.
The organization that oversees the teams says it takes up too much time and could cost money.
PIHL Commissioner Ed Sam sent out an email to the 183 high school teams in the state.
Sam insists the ban on the National Anthem is purely because of time constraints, not because of any political or anti-patriotic reasons.
However, many people do not think cutting the National Anthem is the best way to save time.
Sam says he’s still looking for input on the matter before he makes a final decision.
- Selfie Fail: Man Near Speeding Train Kicked in Head by Conductor
- Scary Sale: World's Most Haunted Place Up For Auction
- Chilling Video Shows What Intruder Does in Baby's Nursery
- Rapper Andre Johnson Severs Privates, Jumps Off Building, But Survives
- Cold Case Solved: Teens Going to Party Died in Car Accident