Suns Outshine Cavaliers, 107-105
PHOENIX, Arizona– It doesn’t matter how you start, it’s how you finish. That lesson was learned the hard way on Friday night, as the Cavaliers lost by two to the Phoenix Suns after squandering a massive lead.
Former Cavalier Shannon Brown scored 12 of his 22 points in the fourth quarter and helped key a late 14-4 run as the Phoenix Suns rallied from a 26 point deficit to beat the Cavaliers 107-105.
P.J. Tucker hit a 20 foot jumper from the left corner to give the Suns a 103-102 lead with 1:32 to go. After the teams traded misses, Daniel Gibson had his shot blocked by Marcin Gortat. The misery continued as Brown caught a pass while streaking down the court for a dunk and a 105-102 lead with 37.4 seconds remaining.
The Cavs had a chance to win it as Kyrie Irving fired a three pointer that bounced off the back of the rim as time expired.
Goran Dragic scored 26 points for the Suns, who posted the third biggest comeback in franchise history. Sebastian Telfair added 13 and Gortat had 12.
Dion Waiters led the Cavs with 23 points, while Anderson Varejao pulled down 10 boards for Cleveland.
The Cavaliers take on the Oklahoma City Thunder on the road Sunday night.
- Items Stolen from Baby's Grave; Video Finally Captures Image
- TMZ: Joan Rivers Says She's 'Not Apologizing' to DeJesus, Berry
- Corrections Officer Held Hostage for 5 Hours at Trumbull County Jail
- Mansfield Woman Admits to Taking Toy from Child's Grave
- 12-Year-Old Girl Sexually Assaulted On Way to Learning Center