FNTD Playoffs: Massillon Tops McKinley Again
KENT, Ohio — It is one of the best football rivalries in the country, but Massillon Washington definitely had Canton McKinley’s number in 2012. The Tigers defeated the Bulldogs, Saturday, for the second time in three weeks, 28-19, in the Division 1, Region 2 semifinals.
Ryne Moore carried the load for Massillon (11-1), scoring twice on short runs, as the Tigers jumped out to a 28-7 lead, before McKinley’s comeback effort fell short.
Massillon’s senior quarterback Kyle Kempt also threw two touchdown passes as the Tigers won their tenth straight game, dating back to a week two loss to Canton Glenoak.
Top-seeded Massillon advances to next Saturday’s Region 2 Final against 2nd-seeded and unbeaten Toledo Whitmer (12-0), which held on to eliminate Hudson (9-3) 39-28. The winner will advance to the State Semifinals.
For all the final scores, plus video highlights and photo galleries from Friday and Saturday’s games, head over to the FOX-8 High School Football page.
- Items Stolen from Baby's Grave; Video Finally Captures Image
- TMZ: Joan Rivers Says She's 'Not Apologizing' to DeJesus, Berry
- Corrections Officer Held Hostage for 5 Hours at Trumbull County Jail
- 12-Year-Old Girl Sexually Assaulted On Way to Learning Center
- Man Arrested, 18 Locations Raided in Gambling Ring