- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 large beaten room-temperature Eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/3 cup lukewarm water
In a medium bowl, combine eggs, salt and water. Add the flour. Knead until dough is firm and well mixed. Cover with an overturned bowl or loosely with plastic wrap and let rest for 10 minutes to 1 hour.
- Pork Shoulder
- 1 gallon Apple Juice
- 2 cups Honey
- 1 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha
- 1 tablespoon Kosher Salt
Add apple juice, honey, apple cider vinegar, sriracha and salt together and bring to a boil. Cool and inject the liquid into the surface area of pork shoulder. Rub the pork shoulder with your favorite seasoning. Cook pork shoulder 1 hour for every 10 pounds of meat at 225°.
Roll dough until flat. Cut 3-inch diameter circles into the dough. Place spoonful of meat onto one side of the circle. Fold over empty side of circle, covering the filling, and press edges firmly together to seal the filling. Drop pierogi into boiling water and let cook for about 4 minutes.
- 1 cups Brussels Sprout leaves
- 1 cup Barbecue Sauce
Sautee Brussels Sprout leaves. Douse in Barbecue Sauce. Serve with pierogies.
Sous Chef Brandon Steven’s Betts Family Barbecue Sauce
- 2 cups Hunts Ketchup
- 1/4 cup Heinz Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/4 cup firmly packed Brown Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Molasses
- 2 Tablespoons Mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Tabasco Sauce if you prefer your sauce to be Hot or 1 Tablespoon Texas Pete Sauce if you prefer your sauce to be Mild
- 1 Tablespoon Betts Gourmet Seasoning or your favorite seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Key Lime Juice
Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a slow boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low and gently simmer for 10-15 minutes until the sauce is thick.