November 6, 2012
We asked and you answered! New Day Cleveland Viewer, Tony Weston joined Kristi in the kitchen to make his famous “Cuyahoagie!” On a full loaf of Italian bread, with homemade sauce, you can’t go wrong taking this to a party!
It’s a great time to cozy up on the couch with a great new book! Suzanne DeGaetano from Mac’s Backs was here with a must-read list.
- Les Miserables by Victor Hugo – Soon to be in the movie theaters, the perfect cold weather classic.
- The Passage by Justin Cronin – The first book in an apocalyptic thriller that is big, meaty and compulsively readable.
- Mr. Penumbra’s 24-Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan – a literary adventure for the google era.
- Hit by Pitch by Molly Lawless – A graphic novel about Cleveland pitcher Ray Chapman who was the only ballplayer to be killed during a game. An all ages book.
- Rust Belt Chic edited by Anne Trubek and Richie Piiparinein – an essay anthology about what it means to be a Clevelander.
- Double Cross by Ben Macintry – Another World War II true life adventure from a masterful writer of popular history.
- In the Kitchen with Cleveland’s Favorite Chefs edited by Maria Isabella – While you are spending more time indoors here is the perfect kitchen accompaniment
- The Girl who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making by Catherhnne Valente – An all ages fantasy, first in a series.
- Great family hotel- kids stay & eat free
- all inclusive
- 7 restaurants/7 bars
- 4 pools, 2waterparks, non motorized watersports
- mini golf
- babies & kids programs
- nightly entertainment
Also – Join us for our 2013 Viewer Trip on the Oasis of the Seas! You must book by 12/7….hurry, spots are filling up fast!
Plus – Check out Canary Travel’s upcoming Travel Academy January 19-20.
Forget the flat iron! The latest trend is all about voluminous curls! We went to Ichiban Salon and Day Spa for some how-to tips. Ichiban is located on Center Ridge Road in Westlake.
Like it or not, the cold weather is on it’s way, but that doesn’t mean you can’t look great and stay warm too! Here with some easy ways to stay fashionable in late fall was Connie Marsh from Dots. Check out our video clip!
- Leather/Pleather jackets are a great outerwear options to transition to colder weather
- Colored denim is still big but this season we are seeing it with more print patterns. Try bright, floral printed denim!
- Sweater dresses are still a must have – try chevron stripes or cobalt blue!
- The statement piece of this season is a red coat!
- Platform wedges are a great alternative to heels in winter
March of Dimes Cooking
The 22nd Annual Cleveland Signature Chef’s Auction showcases the culinary talents of local chefs, while raising money to support the March of Dimes and its’ mission to improve the health of babies. Each chef that chooses to participate is asked to present a signature sampling for event patrons and/or donate a unique package to be sold during the live auction or silent auction portion of the event. The evening is filled with bidding on a unique assortment of live and silent auction packages, including experiences with the evening’s chefs, once-in-a-lifetime opportunities, entertainment and travel, and our very special Fund the Mission.
One of the local chefs, Brian Okin from Luxe Kitchen and Lounge, stopped by our studio to show us his “fire and ice shrimp” recipe!
One Tank Trip
Since today is election day, we thought it would be fitting if Neil Zurcher took us on a very presidential One Tank Trip!
The Hayes Presidential Center includes the home, library, museum, tomb, and 25-acre park-like estate (called Spiegel Grove) of 19th U.S. President Rutherford B. Hayes. Entrance to the property is through the original gates from the White House. The Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Center is open Tuesday through Sunday.