November 1, 2012
Audrey’s Sweet Threads
One of the most important things to remember when shopping is picking clothes that fit your body shape. We traveled to Audrey’s Sweet Threads for some tips! Watch the clip on our video page!
- 30 minutes or more of moderate intensity physical activity on most, preferably all, days of the week
- Women who regularly exercised prior to pregnancy can continue current intensity
- Women who were sedentary prior to pregnancy can start with less intense exercise and gradually increase
- Women with twins, triplets, etc should consult with their physician
Why is exercise important during pregnancy?
- Less weight gain (easier to lose weight afterwards)
- Cardiovascular fitness
- Decreased lower extremity swelling
- Decreased risk of gestational diabetes in women who exercise prior to getting pregnant and early in pregnancy
Oglebay’s Festival of Lights
The leaves are flying and the weather is changing but there’s still plenty of time for the family to enjoy Oglebay resort! Oglebay is busy getting ready for the annual Festival of Lights!
Festival of Lights
Begins November 9, 2012
Looking for something to do this weekend? You’re not going to want to miss Ghoulardifest! You can expect The Beatles impersonation band, re-enactments of favorite Big Chuck and Lil’ John Skits, pizza eating contests, and iconic Cleveland figures like Big Chuck, Little John, Dick Goddard and more!
The festival is happening this weekend, November 2-4, at the UAW Hall (5615 Chevrolet Blvd, Parma, Ohio).
Moss at the Movies
There are some big movies about to hit theaters! David of course gave us the inside scoop!
- Cloud Atlas – Now Playing: www.cloudatlas.warnerbros.com
- Skyfall – Opens November 9: www.skyfall-movie.com
David’s movie picks:
- Cloud Atlas
- Perks of Being a Wallflower – www.perks-of-being-a-wallflower.com
- Seven Psychopaths – www.sevenpsychopaths.com
David’s DVD pick: The Campaign – www.thecampaignmovie.warnerbros.com
Jezebel’s Bayou/March of Dimes Cooking
The 22nd Annual Cleveland Signature Chef’s Auction showcases the culinary talents of local chefs, while raising money to support the March of Dimes and its’ mission to improve the health of babies. Each chef that chooses to participate is asked to present a signature sampling for event patrons and/or donate a unique package to be sold during the live auction or silent auction portion of the event. The evening is filled with bidding on a unique assortment of live and silent auction packages, including experiences with the evening’s chefs, once-in-a-lifetime opportunities, entertainment and travel, and our very special Fund the Mission.
One of the local chefs, Rodney Gibson from Jezebel’s Bayou, stopped by our studio to show us his dish. We channeled some New Orleans flavor today when we made Blackened Alligator Tacos!
2012 Cleveland Signature Chef’s Auction
- Monday, November 12, 2012
- Windows on the River