Victims of I-71 Accident Identified
ASHLAND, Ohio — Two people were killed Thursday morning in an accident on Interstate 71, the Ashland Post of the Ohio State Highway Patrol reports.
The crash happened at approximately 4:30 a.m., just north of the U.S. 250 exit.
A preliminary investigation revealed Julius Manning, 62, of Cleveland, was driving a Chrysler Town and Country van northbound on I-71 when he hit the back of a commercial tractor-trailer in front of him.
Bryce Seymour, 53, of Geneva, Ohio, pulled over the tractor-trailer after the impact but collapsed due to a medical condition when he got out of the vehicle.
The Ashland County Sheriff’s Office later told Fox 8 News he had suffered a heart attack.
Both drivers were pronounced dead at the scene by the Ashland County Coroner’s Office.
The Ashland Post said Manning was not wearing a seat belt and it was not known if Seymour had been wearing his.
At the time of this report it was not known if alcohol was a factor in the crash.
- Items Stolen from Baby's Grave; Video Finally Captures Image
- TMZ: Joan Rivers Says She's 'Not Apologizing' to DeJesus, Berry
- Corrections Officer Held Hostage for 5 Hours at Trumbull County Jail
- Mansfield Woman Admits to Taking Toy from Child's Grave
- 12-Year-Old Girl Sexually Assaulted On Way to Learning Center