Apple Crumble Pie
Courtesy of Whole Foods Market
- 5 cups diced or sliced peeled tart apples (Braeburn, Granny Smith, Honeycrisps work well!)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1/4 cup brown
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter
- In a bowl, combine first five ingredients; spoon into pie shell. For topping, combine sugars and flour; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over pie.
- Bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 375°; bake for 40-45 minutes or until the topping is browned and apples are tender. Cover crust edges with foil during the last 15 minutes if needed. Cool completely before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
- Serve with favorite Ice Cream or Fresh Whipped Cream!!!