Woman Leads Police on Wrong-Way Chase
Ashley Stewart (Photo Credit: Streetsboro Police Department)
STREETSBORO, Ohio — A suspected drunken driver led police officers on a high-speed, wrong-way chase early Saturday morning, Fox 8 News reports.
Streetsboro police say they were called to I-480 at around 3:17 a.m., where Ashley Stewart, 24, of Columbiana, was allegedly driving eastbound in the westbound lanes towards Streetsboro.
Two officers tracked down Stewart’s car about a half mile into Hudson on I-480. They turned on their lights and sirens in an attempt to stop her, but she wouldn’t comply, Streetsboro police said.
After reaching speeds as high as 80 mph, the pursuit was finally brought to an end on State Route 41 near Shady Lake Drive.
That’s where, police say, another Streetsboro unit pulled in front of Stewart’s car and brought her vehicle to a stop.
Steward reportedly refused to take a breathalyzer at the scene.
She was arrested and charged with failure to comply with the signal of a police officer (a third degree felony) and operating a vehicle while intoxicated.
Luckily, no injuries were reported in the incident.
- Items Stolen from Baby's Grave; Video Finally Captures Image
- TMZ: Joan Rivers Says She's 'Not Apologizing' to DeJesus, Berry
- Corrections Officer Held Hostage for 5 Hours at Trumbull County Jail
- Mansfield Woman Admits to Taking Toy from Child's Grave
- 12-Year-Old Girl Sexually Assaulted On Way to Learning Center