Amber Alert Canceled for 2-Year-Old Boy
Ohio Amber Alert tweeted the information at around 5:45 a.m. Friday stating that 2-year-old Michael Babuka had been “recovered and is now safe.”
Police say the boy was found early Friday morning in Lordstown, Ohio, when a Warren police officer spotted the suspect vehicle and pulled it over.
A man, who police believe stole the car that Michael was in Thursday night, was apprehended at the scene.
Michael was returned to his parents.
According to the Niles Police Department, Michael’s father left him sleeping in his silver, four-door, 2007 Chevy Impala at around 11:45 p.m. Thursday night in front of a home at 512 John Street.
He had gone there to pick up another son for visitation.
Minutes later, Michael’s father walked outside and saw his car pulling away with his son still inside.
Niles police say the suspect in custody is not known by Michael’s family.
Fox 8 I-Team reporter Peggy Sinkovich has learned that the suspect has a prior criminal record including auto theft. Police said he had just been “dropped off” in the area when the car was stolen.
The man’s name has not yet been released.
Stick with Fox 8 News and FOX8.com for updates on this story as they become available.
- Items Stolen from Baby's Grave; Video Finally Captures Image
- TMZ: Joan Rivers Says She's 'Not Apologizing' to DeJesus, Berry
- Corrections Officer Held Hostage for 5 Hours at Trumbull County Jail
- Mansfield Woman Admits to Taking Toy from Child's Grave
- 12-Year-Old Girl Sexually Assaulted On Way to Learning Center