It's apple season, and Chef Stefanie Paganini has a great, easy recipe for you!
Quick Apple Strudel
(Serves 8 per strudel)
5 sheets of Phyllo per strudel
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
1 recipe apple filling, cooled
1 cup corn flakes
3 Tablespoons granulated sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Prepare "Mise en place" melt butter, crumble corn flakes, towels
- Spread one sheet of phyllo dough on top of a towel, brush with butter and sprinkle corn flakes and sugar on top, top with a second sheet of phyllo and repeat so you will have four complete layers.
- Place one fifth of the pie filling on top of the prepared phyllo and top with cinnamon.
- Roll up jelly roll style, place on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- With a serrated knife cut into slices, brush with butter.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
*The box of phyllo will have more sheets so you can prepare three more strudels by quadrupling the recipe. Bake or wrap and place in the freezer.
2 Tablespoons apple brandy
1 Tbsp. granulated sugar
2 apples, peeled and diced
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/8 tsp. salt
In a medium-sized saucepan, combine all ingredients and cook until apples are semi-tender. Adjust flavors to taste. Allow to cool.