Prayers for Roger: Stefani’s Update (10/5)
Fox 8 News in the Morning anchor Stefani Schaefer shared some positive news on her Facebook Fan Page on Friday relating to her husband’s recovery.
Roger suffered a severe head injury when he fell off of scaffolding in April.
Since then, viewers have responded with an outpouring of support for Stefani and her family.
In her latest post, Stefani wrote, “Your Awesome prayers are being answered!”
Stefani’s entire post, in her own words, explains why…
“Some good news yesterday. Back when Roger was in a coma, he had developed a blood clot in his leg. Since he had such massive bleeding on his brain, he was not a candidate for blood thinners or even surgery to remove the clot since he wasn’t stable enough at the time. Doctors instead implanted a filter or umbrella like device that would catch any clots if they let loose and protect them from entering the heart or lungs – which could have been fatal. Yesterday, an ultrasound revealed that the blood clot dissolved. The doctor wants to remove the filter… surgery in a few weeks. So, that was good! He also had a CT Scan of the brain… waiting results of that test. So… your Awesome prayers are being answered! I can not thank you ENOUGH!!!
- Items Stolen from Baby's Grave; Video Finally Captures Image
- TMZ: Joan Rivers Says She's 'Not Apologizing' to DeJesus, Berry
- Corrections Officer Held Hostage for 5 Hours at Trumbull County Jail
- Mansfield Woman Admits to Taking Toy from Child's Grave
- 12-Year-Old Girl Sexually Assaulted On Way to Learning Center