Fox 8 Recipe Box: French Toast Cupcakes
Maggie Simenc, owner of Sweet Little Things in Northfield, stops by Fox 8 News in the Morning to make French Toast Cupcakes! (See recipe below)
*Learn more about Sweet Little Things HERE
French Toast Cupcakes
¾ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup sugar
½ pkg dry pudding mix
1 ½ cups flour
1 ½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
½ cup milk
1 ½ tsp vanilla
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp cinnamon
3 large eggs, at room temperature, separated
- Preheat oven to 350. Line muffin tins with 20 liners
- Combine butter and sugar on low speed until incorporated and fluffy.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, pudding mix, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon
- Add egg yolks to the butter mixture and beat until fully incorporated, add vanilla
- Reduce the speed to low. Alternately add flour mixture and milk, waiting for each to be fully incorporated before adding the next.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites with hand mixer, and whip until stiff peaks are formed.
- Fold in egg white (1/3 at a time) until just incorporated. Divide evenly between cups in muffin tin. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until tons are lightly golden, and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove cupcakes form tin and cool on wire rack completely before frosting.
½ cup butter, room temperature
6 cups powdered sugar
About 4 table spoons of milk (more or less depending on consistency)
Maple flavoring or syrup to taste
Bacon, cooked and crumbled
Beat butter with about 1 cup of powdered sugar until smooth. Add milk in small amounts between each remaining cup of sugar. Add maple flavoring/syrup to desired flavor. Crumble bacon into frosting, or on top of frosted cupcake, whichever you desire.
- Items Stolen from Baby's Grave; Video Finally Captures Image
- TMZ: Joan Rivers Says She's 'Not Apologizing' to DeJesus, Berry
- Corrections Officer Held Hostage for 5 Hours at Trumbull County Jail
- 12-Year-Old Girl Sexually Assaulted On Way to Learning Center
- Man Arrested, 18 Locations Raided in Gambling Ring