My Town: Heart-Healthy Hikes in Summit County
SUMMIT COUNTY, Ohio – Summit Metro Parks invite you to get in shape this fall with its Heart-Healthy Hikes. Park naturalists will lead the FREE hiking sessions.
“A regular exercise routine can help you manage your weight, lower your blood pressure and strengthen your heart,” said Naturalist Mike Greene. “Hiking with a naturalist is especially beneficial because it stimulates both your body and your mind.”
The hikes take place at 10:00 a.m. on Wednesdays through October.
Heart-Healthy Hike Schedule:
- October 3 – Sand Run Metro Park/Treaty Line Area, 995 Treaty Line Road in Akron
- October 10 – Gorge Metro Park/Main Entrance, 1160 Front Street in Cuyahoga Falls
- October 17 – Goodyear Heights Metro Park/Main Entrance, 2077 Newtown Street in Akron
- October 24 – Springfield Bog Metro Park, 1400 Portage Line Road in Springfiled Township
- October 31 – Furnace Run Metro Park/Brushwood Area, 4955 Townsend Road in Richfield
All hikes in the series are good for credit toward the 49th annual Fall Hiking Spree which runs through November 30. First-year hikers earn a hiking staff and shield. Veteran hikers earn a hiking shield.
Call 330-865-8065 for more information.