September 4, 2012
Known as the Pizza King to east-siders, Rick Rhein from Mamma Roberto’s was here! He brought with him a sampling of Italy. From pizza, to stuffed peppers, to canolis, he even whipped up some pasta carbonara for us! Located on Mentor Avenue in Mentor, they’ll make sure you don’t walk away hungry!
One Tank Trips
Neil Zurcher is back and doing the impossible! Water skiing without a boat? This week, Neil took us to “Wake Nation,” first and only cable wake park in the tri-state (Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana) area! Set on a 10-acre lake, a series of cable lines zip wake boarders around a circular track at about 20 miles an hour. Sound like fun yet? Check out their website!
Wake Nation Cincinnati is located in Northern Cincinnati at 201 Joe Nuxhall Way (in Joyce Park) in Fairfield, Ohio 45014.
Perla Homemade Delights
If you’re looking for family-style, homemade pierogis and other great Ukrainian specialties, head Perla’s Homemade Delights in the Ukrainian Village! David heads into their kitchen to find out the secrets behind their recipes. Visit Perla’s on State Road in Parma. You can also find their pierogis at Bottlehouse Brewery in Cleveland Heights among many other places. Head to their website for more information!
Pickwick and Frolic: Champagne Bar
All week long we’re celebrating Pickwick and Frolic’s Tenth Anniversary! Our first stop, their champagne bar! The only one of its kind in Cleveland, this intimate Champagne Bar provides seating for up to 10 guests, who not only have their own bartender and their choice of 50 different champagne offerings, but also a separate menu with food choices to compliment the champagnes. Kristi took us inside Pickwick’s to get the party started!
The Champagne Bar is open to the public on Friday and Saturday evenings, but is available for private events any time during the week.
Couponing: New Rules
The Coupon Queen, Rachel Krych, was back in studio today with some exciting news! Two new store wide coupon policies have gone into effect that will save you big time!
- The first: Dollar Tree now accepts coupons!
- The second: Giant Eagle recently added a section to their coupon policy that states they will now be accepting competitor coupons. These would include coupons at other grocery, convenience, and pharmacy stores!
For more information on these policies, head to their company websites or
Transitioning into Your Fall Wardrobe
Labor Day marks the unofficial start to fall and a great time to revamp your wardrobe! Danielle Mason, Store Manager at Dress Barn, showed Kristi how to take her favorite summer looks into fall!
Tips for transitioning your summer wardrobe into fall (without looking like a hot mess):
Bring Along the Brights!
- Bold bottoms were all the rage during the summer and the same will hold true for fall.
- Pair colored denim with a more neutral-colored, flowy top.
- Swap the summer sandals for chic flats or pumps and pair with darker hued, structured accessories.
Make the Most Out of Your Summer Dress
- Not ready to put away all of those flirty, floral summer dresses? No problem. Cardigans, light jackets, blazers and faux fur are the perfect addition to transition any summer dress into a fresh-looking fall ensemble.
- Swap the gladiator sandals for boots or booties and feel free to layer with tights if the temperature drops.
Max Out Your Maxi
- Maxi skirts and dresses are also summer staples that can still be worn in the fall by focusing on layers.
- Add a long belted cardigan, leather jacket or structured blazer to elevate the look. Even your trusted denim jacket will work.
- Swap sandals for booties and select a structured bag to really bring the look into the new season.
Pickwick and Frolic: Murder Mystery
Get wrapped up in a murder mystery while enjoying a great meal! Pickwick and Frolic is featuring “Murder at the Oasis” on select Fridays and Saturdays. The cost is about $46 a person which includes your choice of 5 entrees, plus a salad and dessert. Loved it so much you want to go again? There are actually 3 different endings to the mystery!