White House Unveils Beer Recipe
WASHINGTON — The White House has unveiled the ingredients to its White House Honey Ale and White House Honey Porter recipes.
According to WhiteHouse.gov, the drinks are “inspired by home brewers from across the country” and President Obama himself bought a brewing kit to mix the concoctions. While previous presidents also made their own drinks, it is believed the brew is the first of its kind on White House grounds.
Below is the ingredient list for the White House Honey Ale. For the detailed instructions and ingredients for the White House Honey Porter, visit the official White House blog at www.WhiteHouse.gov.
White House Honey Ale
- 2 (3.3 lb) cans light malt extract
- 1 lb light dried malt extract
- 12 oz crushed amber crystal malt
- 8 oz Bisquit Malt
- 1 lb White House Honey
- 1 1/2 oz Kent Goldings Hop Pellets
- 1 1/2 oz Fuggles Hop pellets
- 2 tsp gypsum
- 1 pkg Windsor dry ale yeast
- 3/4 cup corn sugar for priming