August 14, 2012
Soap Making 101
Our studio smelled great this morning as soon as Kellie Jarzembak, owner of Jarz and Barz, arrived! She and Kristi rolled up their sleeves to make some homemade lavender soap. It’s easier than you think! For step-by-step directions, head to Kellie’s website.
It’s a mid-week road show! Throughout our live shows we are taking you on a mini road trip to Geneva on the Lake. Our first stops involved fine wine and tasty cuisine at The Lodge and The Old Firehouse Winery. Check out our video clip!
Check out Fox 8′s “Staycation” Deal here.
After tasting some of the wines from Chris Jelepis, founder of Sonata Wine, we can’t help but go Greek! The complex topography of Greece allows for a lot of variation and excellent grape flavor. Chris discussed several Greek wines worth a try:
9 Muses White:
- Sauvignon Blanc, Trebbiano, and Assyrtiko
- Explosive aromas of tropical fruit and florality
- Delicious food wine: nice acidity, tight flavors that go well with appetizers, seafood, or poultry
- Also a good “stand-alone” wine that is wonderful for a glass on the patio
Thira Estate Santorini:
- 100% of the Greek grape Assyrtiko
- This wine is MADE for seafood
- 50% Agiorgitiko, 50% Syrah
- Agape means “Love” – label shows two rabbits kissing
- Drinks much better than it’s price (which is about $10 on the shelf)
Domaine Kikones Ippeas
- 100% Organic and Biodynamic
- Drinks like extremely expensive Bordeaux,
Canary Travel Deal of the Week
Thanks to our friends at Canary Travel, we have another deal that will knock your socks off!
Canary Travel presents:
Riviera Maya All Inclusive Sale!
August & September
3 nights – $599
4 nights – $699
5 nights – $799
Air, hotel, round trip, transfers included
To book call 216-252-1000
Have an interesting or troubling dream? Contact Cindy at www.lightworksheal.com
Her food looks way too good to eat! Svetlana Partem, owner of Amazing Carving, stopped by with her works of art, including a “New Day Cleveland” watermelon!
To purchase one of her creations, contact her at 440.212.9046
or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We meet the country music singer who convinced Kenny Chesney to give her a song! Listen for some of Joanna’s hits like “We Can’t Be Friends,” the yearning “Favorite Sin,” and “Broken Dishes.”